Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Kris Allen fan and am hoping for some miracle and him to win this season's AI tonight. Look how cute he is? AND he plays the piano and guitar, it just doesn't get much better. (Well, except if we were married. That would be perfect.)

It isn't that I don't think Adam isn't insanely talented, because the kid has got some great pipes. BUT, he isn't what I see American Idol being all about; in my head I think about the show finding some kid off the street who under normal circumstances would never have a shot of making it big. Someone like cute humble Kris from Arkansas, not someone who has already been on Broadway like Adam. And, I know that Adam is more than likely going to be tonight's winner, but part of me is still pulling for the underdog. So regardless of who wins tonight, it should be interesting to see what comes out of both of them. Dan is a big Adam fan so I just hope there aren't any fist fights tonight when they announce the winner. I can see myself elated and off-the-walls if Kris pulls this out, and Dan being bitter. Or, even though I keep telling myself to accept Adam winning, me still being upset Kris got cheated and end up reacting like these girls. :)
(ps best part of tonight's show... Randy's shout-out to the Lakers. Gotta love it dawg.)

Last night DCI Magic kicked off their summer softball season. My dearest Daniel is the coach for his work team and they are a pretty intense. Needless to say, they dominated last night and took home a 17-4 victory (is there no such thing as the mercy rule anymore?) Watching his team makes me really miss RNC softball, easily one of my favorite activities while working there. I loved our team, the way we all got together one night a week forgetting all of our campaign troubles to play and drink together, I loved our amazing coach (the awesome Mrs. Debbie LeHardy-Party), and I absolutely loved spending a beautiful summer night once a week on our nation's mall. Not to mention our complete domination of the DNC, the biggest game of the season each year. I may have gotten eaten alive by mosquitoes every game, but it will always be one of my fondest memories of my first summer here. But anyway, back to DCI Magic. Yeah, they are just peachy keen. Great group of people and fun to watch. I am now a "team wife" which involves me sitting on the sidelines with Buckley (one of two team mascot dogs) and chatting with two of the other significant others of boys on the team, always fun. So here is to a great 09 Magic softball season. I will keep you all posted on their upcoming games. They are playing some really good teams, a few heated rivals, and Heritage (where I spent 3 lovely months as an intern), so it should be pretty entertaining.

You know who else had a big victory last night? THE LAKERS!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! I love big W's on the board. I have a bet going with Caitie's (Dan's sister) boyfriend, Peter, on this series. As a Denver native, he is obviously routing for the Nuggets (I know, I feel bad for him too) and we couldn't help but fuel a little friendly rivalry. While most would bet money, we bet our pride. If the Nuggets win, I will be refering to him Chauncey Billups and supporting his heavy drinking habits for one night during our family vacation in July. If the Lakers win, he must wear my Shaq jersey (I am an old school fan, none of this Kobe mania for me), support my baby drinking habit for a night, and refer to the Lakers only as "the best team in the NBA." This should give all others motivation to root for the Lakers. Believe me, nothing would be better than sending Peter out in a huge gold and purple jersey and making him buy me shot after shot. And, of course, I don't know how I am going to tell Dan that we have to save money for a night at the bars in Minnesota, especially when he won't reap the beneifts of said saving. :)
So, lets go Lakers!!

No comments: