Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"We're all adults here, why don't we say exactly what we're thinking? How could they cancel Gilmore Girls?"

Every Monday night at 8pm I sit on my couch and watch one of the best shows on television, Greek. (ok, laugh now, get it all out. If you're making fun of me you clearly don't watch the show.) I rarely move, only occasionally during a commercial break to grab a fudgesicle or some ice cream from the freezer, and spend the next hour laughing pretty much non-stop. I am not going to lie, a year ago I would have never believed you if you told me that the first show on my tivo list would be Greek; now I am shamelessly addicted. I think that everyone should watch it and am willing to bet money that they will enjoy it and begin to watch it weekly as well. Ok, maybe some hardcore anti-greekers may not check out the website and add it to their DVR, but I guarantee that they will laugh, maybe even multiple times. And if you don't, especially at Dale or Cappie and their hilarious one liners, then there is seriously something wrong with your sense of humor. So try watching Greek on Monday nights at 8pm on ABCFamily, you will thank me later. And please don't let the channel change your mind. You never know, you might find yourself thoroughly enjoying a TV movie about a couple who fakes a wedding for the cash and gifts. (My Fake Fiance, Daniel's new favorite movie. Nope, not joking, I think he laughed more than I did.) Or enjoying the "exclusive" previews for Secret Life of American Teenager, the show about the 15 year-old pregnant girl who married her boyfriend, who happens not to be the baby's daddy, and the adventures of other 15 year-olds who act more like 23 than I do.

Moving on, one of my coworkers is in the process of selling her house and buying a new one, so many spare moments around the office are spent looking at couches, lamps, and other decorating items. Of course this has spurred a new found passion for all things related to interior decoration and has led me to this fun little quiz. My results? Who can guess it?


"The verdict is in—your style is Estate. Estate is an eternal American summer. Sporty. Charming. Breezy yet cultivated. A union of antique inspiration and geometric clarity. Civilization in peaceful coexistence with robust outdoor life. In the main house or the guest cottage, effortless elegance."

Are we shocked kiddies? Nope, me neither. I like crisp colors and preppy themes and have about a hundred must have items on my wishlist. Now I just need to find a way to present all these new found treasures to Dan so he can buy them for our next apartment. Wish me luck.

No comments: